Mou has officially been out of the womb for six months. Goober has been living with us full time for six months. The time has alternately flown, and dragged on forever. When it is 3:00am and all you want to do is go back to sleep – that is when time drags. When you are cuddling with a precious sleeping infant – time flies.When you’re struggling to do homework for two hours – drags. When she finally gets it and you see her joy at being able to read by herself – flies.
Here is a list of things me and mine have learned over the past six months:
Mou has learned (as determined by momma):
1. That if she lays on the floor and screams her head off momma will eventually give in and pick her up.
2. That daddy won’t.
3. That there are tons of things going on while nursing. And they all must be seen. (suck suck look. suck suck look. Drives momma crazy!)
4. How to crawl.
5. That food is good. And that everything she touches is food.
Momma has learned:
1. How to survive with little to no sleep.
2. That she does, indeed, have more than two arms.
3. That a baby with teeth WILL bite you while nursing. I don’t care what anyone says.
4. That having a stay at home daddy does NOT mean everything in the house gets done.
5. That my babies are awesome, exhausting, frustrating, and amazing.
Goober’s Milestones at six months in TN:
A 1.9 reading level!!! (1st grade, 9 months!)
Scoring the equivilant of straight A’s on her report card! (Okay, minus handwriting, but seriously who needs to write neatly anymore? We all have computers)
Settling into a routine and actually enjoying it!
Being a pretty awesome young lady
You came to us full time this past summer. You couldn’t read, you wouldn’t eat anything that wasn’t fried, and you didn’t understand the concept of going to school everyday. Fast forward six months and you are becoming an amazing, lovely, responsible, and intelligent young lady. Daddy and I are so proud of you. Every day you make me smile in a different way (even if I don’t let you know because technically you’re in trouble!). You’re my own little Amelia Bedilia! I thank God every day that you are in our lives and home every day.
Mou’s Milestones at six months old:
Eating baby food like a champ
Sitting up for extended periods by herself (been doing this since roughly 4 months)
Two teeth (These came through at 5 and a half months)
Together we have not only survived, but flourished for the past six months. You are developing an amazing and hysterical personality. Hopefully, someday, you will be as funny as me (without being quite as big of a smart mouth as I was while young). At this, our six month milestone, I ask that you please sleep more at night. Momma loves her sleep nearly as much as she loves you. You are an amazing baby, and the next six months will definitely be exciting!